computer tips and tricks

Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10

A few days ago, My Laptop cursor suddenly disappeared. In fact, I will write an article on this blog again. As soon as I turn on the laptop, I wonder why the cursor is gone? I think it's possible because there is a driver / application that hangs, causing the cursor does not appear. Finally I restarted the laptop but the result was still same, the cursor did not appear.

I use an Acer laptop with a Windows 10 Operating System. In the evening I leave this laptop in sleep mode, and in the morning when I will operate, the cursor does not appear. Wow, even though I don't have a mouse. Then the process of updating this blog is hampered

Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10

Mouse Cursor Disappears on Windows 10


Because I did not find a solution, finally I asked Mr. google. After browsing I get three solutions:

1. Pressing the Fn + button (F1-F12)
2. Remove checklist on hide pointer while typing
3. Reinstall the driver

The first way I tried pressing the Fn key combination with F1 to F12 but failed. This method until I repeat three times and still fail. Then I did the second way. I have removed the hide pointer checklist while typing with difficulty using the keyboard keys but it didn't work either. For the third way I did not try it because there is no mouse to download the driver (my driver CD is missing)

I was very surprised why it didn't work, finally I checked the keys F1 to F12 one by one. And how stupid I don't see the TOUCHPAD logo on the F7 key. After I press the button, the cursor on my laptop immediately reappears. There is no need to use the Fn button but directly press the touchpad button

Do this to display the disappear cursors :

1. Look first, is there a touchpad icon or not on one of the buttons between F1-F12. Usually on acer laptops are located on F7 like mine. If there is, press the key.
2. If there is no, please use the Fn + F1 to F12 key combination. Please test which one works.

Conclusion:
1. The cause of cursor lost on laptop is touchpad button accidentally depressed.
2. Pressing the button can also use to fix the cursor that is often rocking and hard to direct as in axio notebook, and the old acer aspire one.

Back To Top